Friday, January 29, 2016

Dividend Report January 2016

It's a luxury to be able to ignore the market turmoil. For me January brought exactly the return I expected, $282.53.
If you can time the market this would have been a great month to make money. I don't try to time the market. I do screen for good quality dividend growth stocks. If I had capital to invest I would have added to my existing positions. However, I did not make any purchases. My large investments were done in December, and those will be it for a while. With my February div income, I will probably have saved up enough for a trade mid-March.
So this month I saw income, and I saw pay raises in the form of dividend increases.

Other stats:
  • Dividend income: $ 282.53. This includes PEP income, who pays off-cycle each January, and then pays in the Mar/Jun/Sep months. (thanks for pointing that out drog98! )
  • Trailing 12 months: $ 4,600.18
  • Forward 12 months: $ 5,655.84
In February I expect $ 718.84 in dividend income. I added to HCP in December and they just raised dividends, so this cycle will be a high income one.

No comments:

Post a Comment