Saturday, November 7, 2015

October Dividend Report

This October I did not buy any stocks. I've been going back and forth between JNJ and CAT, or adding a new position in EMR. I think EMR is out for now given their low (1%) increase this past year. I will probably add to CAT next week. CAT is under pressure, but I think it's priced into the stock and long term they are solid.



One of my high yield, high risk stocks, TAL, cut their dividend. This puts them on my 'watch to sell' list. When conditions are right, I will sell and put the money into one of my other positions. It means I no longer meet my forward dividend goal for the year. With two to three rounds of investments left, I should be able to still meet the goal for the year.

October overview:

  • This was the first time I received dividend income in October
  • I received $167.38 (as expected)
  • Year to date: $3483.55
  • Trailing 12 months: $4336.77
  • Forward 12 months: $4798.35
In November I expect $659.44 in dividend income. I'll add to CAT next week, and see what I can do with the remaining income and TAL sale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment