Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Buy: CAT

I averaged down on CAT, picking up 21 shares for $71.60.  This puts my total projected dividend income for the next 12 months at $4,863. CAT is under pressure, but solid long term. If / when economic conditions in China and other regions improve, CAT stands to benefit. They've raised dividends consistently, meaning management knows how to handle the cyclical nature of construction booms and busts.
CAT scored 18 on my stock screener, out of a possible 20. JNJ also scored 18, and together they tied for the top spot of my current holdings. A few other stocks scored higher, but I want to build on my positions before going into other stocks.
This purchase was funded by dividend income from October, and fresh capital from October and November.


2 comments:

  1. I also own shares of CAT -- congratulations and happy to be a fellow shareholder. I noticed you joined The DIV-Net... welcome and I wish you all the best in your dividend growth investing journey.

    Cheers
    FerdiS, DivGro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let's see how CAT handles the current situation. I'm sure long term they'll come out fine!

    ReplyDelete